Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tiny Wonders

The world is full of tiny wonders. My niece asked me a sweet question yesterday. She said, "Auntie, how do our body know when to breathe? See, I breathe even when I'm not trying. I can't help it."

That made me wonder. It made me think of what I learned in school, about all of life being a freak accident, and through a freak accident, the most intelligent of creations came into being over billions of years. Then, I thought about what I've heard in church and read in the Bible. I'm absolutely prone to believe that life is too grand and yet frail for us to be anything other than an intelligent design by a master craftsman.

I started looking at the wonders of life. I started looking at little things, stuff like how our skin perspires when our body overheats. It's an automatic cooling mechanism, kind of like what men design for cars. I'm convinced there is a God based upon the tiny wonders of life.

No comments: