Friday, January 9, 2009

Flashbacks

Ever had a flashback? I did it last night. I felt like a child again. You'd think a nearly 40 year old woman wouldn't be afraid of the dark anymore. I guess I am though. Maybe that's why my electric bill is more than $300 a month, every month.

Now before you begin to assume, I wasn't abused. I was speaking of a bad incident that happened with me and my sister. We were both afraid of the dark. The lights went out one night and young men from the neighborhood decided to play games. They were playing around our window and accidentally broke one of the panes. It scared me so bad that I had a panic attack. I hyperventilated and passed out, I think. I thought I was going to die. It was scary!

It's little things like this that women have to overcome. To me, that's just as important to overcome as the teen rape I experienced. I believe fear is fear and when you find it, you need to conquer it.

3 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

I get scared going into the basement to get the clothes from the dryer, when my husband's asleep, even though the lights are on.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Nancy J. Parra said...

Fear is a four letter word... ;)

I tell people I'm afraid of everything...because-well, I am. But, like you, it doesn't stop me.

Kristi said...

Tag your it! I have tagged you for the What I Love meme - when you get a chance, you can come see it here: http://booksandneedlepoint.blogspot.com/2009/02/tag-your-it-what-i-love.html